TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Lite
From $1,100 – Online – Limited Support
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the entry requirement to deliver nationally accredited vocational training in private Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and TAFE as well as in secondary schools with vocational programs. This qualification is fast becoming the standard for Private Enterprises and Human Resource Professionals, especially those working in training and staff development roles.
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course helps you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience to plan, design, organise and deliver training and assessment across a variety of business contexts.
The course contains ten units that are organised in three fields of study: Design, Deliver and Assess. Our online delivery allows you complete flexibility and to work at your own pace which is perfect for studying alongside full-time work or family commitments.
Why is the Lite different to the Standard Program?
Unlike our standard program, Fortress Lite provides a way for people who do not want or need much support to complete their Cert IV TAE online, with more independence and lower fees.
You will get access to the same learning platform as the standard program where you can access all of the learning and assessment resources that Fortress Learning students receive. You then work independently through the program, and as you complete the assessable tasks for each of the 3 Fields of Study (Design, Deliver, Assess), you submit that work for assessment. Email support is provided when you need it.
About the course
This course is delivered online which means you are flexible in your study hours and can complete the course at your own pace. On enrolment, you will receive your login credentials to our learning platform. This is where you will find all your instructions, learning resources and assessments.
The difference to our standard course is that you have limited support from our trainers. This makes the course perfect for the student who is confident in their ability to stay motivated and is able to work independently with minimum help from our trainers. All support enquiries will be responded to via email within 2 business days.
Any assessments you submit will be guaranteed marked within seven business days. That is our service standard guarantee to you.
Experience tells us that most professionals usually take about 6 months to complete their program. These people are usually working full-time and juggling families, pets, holidays and all the other things that seem to complicate our lives; they would usually take a few nights each week to work on their program, and then a further few hours on the weekend….the lucky ones also get some time to do it at work!
Our quick response times also help to reduce the total time that it might otherwise take, and make 6 months an achievable time-frame; after all, getting your marking done in less than 4 days is going to make the whole thing a lot quicker than if it took weeks or months for us to mark your submissions.
Because of that, we offer a 6 month enrolment duration, and then if you need to extend beyond that there are options to extend.
In the end, it is your individual rate of progress that will ultimately determine how long it will take you.
How much time should I set aside per week to study?
Experience tells us that people entering our programs are not blank slates. They bring a range of knowledge and experience, and that includes the ability and desire to learn.
While it differs for different people, we find that successful students usually dedicate 10 to 15 hours per week to their program throughout their enrolment duration.
That said, some of our students take less time, while others take more. It is up to you.
We have a video on Successful Study Habits that will support you to progress through the course in a timely manner. Here is what we know to be true, based on our experience with thousands of students:
- Talk to us! If you’re stuck on a problem at home or feel overwhelmed, don’t sit and stew, or worse, procrastinate! Connect with us in whatever way suits you, be it phone, chat, email, Google Meet or Zoom, and we’ll help you reach a solution so you can get on with your studies.
- Schedule it in! Set aside “chunks’ of time to allow you to really sink your teeth (and brain) into the learning process and allow yourself to get “in the zone”. You can set your own pace, structuring your learning and your assessments to suit your lifestyle.
- And lastly, take your course one step at a time… consistency is important but if the unexpected happens, we can help you find solutions, like course deferral.
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment includes ten units of competency, of which there is one Elective Unit. We have grouped the units into three Fields of Study: Design, Deliver and Assess.
If you intend to get recognised for any prior learning or have any credit transfers of previously completed units please ensure you have done our Personal Learning Plan Survey (PLP) and spoken to our staff. This course is NOT eligible for any Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfers. We have another course available – needs to be linked to course
Units of Competency & Fields of Study
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
This will enable you to use training packages and accredited courses in the context of organisational needs.
You will learn how to design, develop and evaluate learning programs to meet the needs of your learners.
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
You will learn how to deliver training in a workplace. This includes individual and group instruction, planning the presentation and reviewing the presentation.
You will develop skills that help you better meet the needs of the growing number of Australians who lack the desired levels of literacy and numeracy.
You will be able to identify the particular needs of a learner, the demands of some training, and devise strategies to enable the learner to bridge the gap between the two.
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competency
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
You will learn about the assessment process, plan and organise assessment activities and processes including Recognition of Prior Learning.
You will be able to assess the competence of a candidate and participate in the assessment validation process.
Our minimum course fee for the 6 months enrolment is $1,100. You are required to pay the full fee of $1,100 at enrolment.
If you have not finished the course within six months you can purchase an extension
- 1 week $75 (needs updating)
- 1 month $300 (needs updating)
We offer a flexible payment option and offer a direct debit option with six monthly instalments of $400 (needs updating)
Over 45? You may be eligible for 50% funding
If you are over 45, you might have half of your course fee paid by the government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW) program. The new funding is available from 4 January 2021. More information on this page (needs a link when available).
In ordinary circumstances, in the event of withdrawal, the following refunds will apply, calculated based on the date of the business day on which the official Withdrawal Form is received.
To withdraw, a student must fill out a Fortress Learning Withdrawal Form which is available from the Learner Portal, or from the RTO on request. Once signed, submit to Fortress Learning. Because eligibility for refund is calculated based on the date of the business day on which the completed Withdrawal Form is received we encourage prompt completion and submission of the Form.
Fortress Learning will contact the student upon receipt of the withdrawal form to advise of any outstanding issues e.g. return of course materials, completed units, outstanding fees, and also the calculation of any refund that may be payable.
Where are refund is payable, it will be paid within 21 days of receiving the completed Withdrawal Form.
Due to the additional expenses and required number of participants associated with running face to face programs, the following fees apply to withdrawal:
- If you withdraw 10-20 business days before the scheduled course start date, there is a Cancellation Fee equal to 20% of the Course Fee. This fee will be waived provided that the candidate re-books for a new scheduled course date (ie, it is not possible to “hold” the enrolment open until a future course that is yet to be advertised becomes available). This or any other waiver applies on only one occasion and only where their account is up to date and remains up to date.
- If you withdraw within 10 business days of the scheduled course start date, there is a Cancellation Fee equal to 50% of the Course Fee. This fee will be waived provided that the candidate re-books for a new scheduled course date (ie, it is not possible to “hold” the enrolment open until a future course that is yet to be advertised becomes available). This or any other waiver applies on only one occasion and only where their account is up to date and remains up to date.
- If you fail to attend or withdraw following commencement of the face to face component, no refund will be issued.
- If you withdraw following completion of the face to face component, no refund will be issued.
This course is not eligible for either credit transfer or recognition of prior learning. If you would like to apply for either, please submit your Personal Learning Plan Survey and enrol into our Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (RPL and CT).
Although this is a face to face program, there are still some components which students complete on their own computer. It is essential that students are aware of the IT requirements of the program prior to enrolling to ensure that we’re the right fit.
To enrol for this program, you must be able to answer YES to the following questions;
- Do you have access to a computer?
- Does your computer have – a broadband internet connection – Laptop or PC – a video camera, either built into your device or a separate webcam – a microphone, either built into your device or in the webcam?
- Do you have the ability to – open web pages – view embedded video & slideshows (eg. Youtube, Slideshare) – download & extract zip folders – open and download pdf & swf documents – open, edit, save & upload documents created in doc & docx format?
- Our assessment materials are developed using MS Word. Do you have the computer skills and access to Word to allow you to participate in the program?
- Can you download, work within, save and upload Word documents?
If your answer is NO to any of the above questions, please contact us on 1300 141 994 so that we can provide the best advice for your circumstance.
We want to make sure that you are the right fit for us and we are the right fit for you. Here are a few things for you to consider:
- Fortress Learning is not a “tick and flick” RTO. If you want the fastest and easiest way, we probably won’t be a good fit.
- We made the decision a long time ago to focus on quality and not quantity. As a result, our qualifications have a very good reputation in the industry.
- Employers know that a Fortress Learning qualification is more than just a piece of paper; it has substance.
- Our students finish their training with knowledge, competence and confidence.
All our enrolments will have a Suitability Assessment to complete before you can enrol.
The Suitability Assessment will address the technical requirements of the program, required IT skills and also make sure you have access to the human and physical resources you need for the practical requirements.
This ensures that you are placed in the right course for you and that there are no nasty surprises after you have paid and started your course.