TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
$850 – Online – 6 months enrolment period – RPL & Coursework
This Skill Set is designed for trainers and assessors who deliver non accredited training or work with other trainers in delivering nationally recognised training.
It is suited to enterprise trainers and assessors working in an enterprise registered training organisation (RTO) or in an enterprise that works together with an RTO in an auspicing arrangement.
This Skill Set will enable you to:
- Develop training sessions for delivery in a range of workplace and formal learning contexts. This includes individual and group instruction, planning the presentation and reviewing the presentation.
- Assess the competence of candidates using different assessment pathways.
- Participate in the assessment validation process.
- These competencies are completed in the context of a competency-based assessment system.
about the course
A Fortress Learning TAE Skill Set is valuable for:
- Filling an identified skills gap without you needing to undertake a full qualification.
- Providing you with formal recognition of competency attained, without having completed a full qualification.
- Laying the foundation for further training in a TAE qualification.
- In some instances, may give you the certification needed to commence training and assessing (under supervision) in the workplace (this is dependent upon the requirements of the employer).
Please note: You must have access to a person who is currently compliant as a Trainer and Assessor, holding as minimum qualifications the TAE40110, TAELLN411 (or equivalent unit) and TAEASS502 (or equivalent unit), who can observe you conducting practical tasks in a real or simulated workplace environment.
This course is delivered online, which gives you flexibility in your study hours and allows you to complete the course at your own pace; perfect for balancing alongside work and family commitments! On enrolment, you will receive your login credentials for access to our learning platform. This is where you will find all your instructions, learning resources and assessments.
We know that the TAE is not easy and that it’s not a matter of “if” but “when” you will need a guiding hand. That’s why you will have unlimited access to your trainer and can schedule phone or video calls when you need support. Our trainers are available 9 am to 5 pm QLD time Monday to Friday.
Our service promises to you:
- Any assessments you submit will be marked within four business days. That is our service standard guarantee to you.
- All emails are responded to within 8 business hours.
- If we miss your call, we’ll call you back within 4 business hours.
This Skill Set comprises of the following Units of Competency.
TAEASS401 – Plan assessment activities and processes
What this unit involves:
- plan and organise the assessment process on a minimum of five occasions
- collect evidence that demonstrates:
+ documented assessment plans
+ having covered a range of assessment events
+ catering for a number of candidates
+ different competency standards or accredited curricula
+ an RPL assessment
+ contextualisation of competency standards and the selected assessment tools, where required
+ incorporation of reasonable adjustment strategies
+ development of simple Assessment Instruments for use in the process
+ organisational arrangements.
TAEASS402 – Assess competence
What this unit involves:
- 1assess competence of a number of candidates within the Vocational Education and Training context against different Units of Competency or accredited curricula, following the relevant assessment plan
- assess at least one candidate for RPL
- consider reasonable adjustment and the reasons for decisions in at least one assessment
- cover an entire Unit of Competency and show:
+ the application of different assessment methods and tools involving a range of assessment activities and events
+ two-way communication and feedback
+ how judgement was exercised in making the assessment decision
+ how and when assessment outcomes were recorded and reported
+ assessment records and reports completed in accordance with assessment system and organisational, legal and ethical requirements
+ how the assessment process was reviewed.
TAEASS403 – Participate in assessment validation
What this unit involves:
- actively participate in a minimum of three validation sessions or meetings which, in combination, address the Critical Aspects of Validation using different validation approaches and activities
- clearly explain purposes of validation and the legal and ethical responsibilities of assessors
- collate documentation relating to validation process in a logical manner
- demonstrate communication and liaison with relevant people
- provide feedback and interpret documentation in validation sessions
- record contribution to validation findings.
TAEDEL301 – Provide work skill instruction
What this unit involves:
- carry out a minimum of three training sessions, involving demonstrating and instructing particular work skills for different groups; with each session addressing:
+ different learning objectives
+ a range of techniques and effective communication skills appropriate to the audience.
In order to complete the practical assessment requirements of TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set, you must:
- Have access to a suitable venue in which to conduct training (3 sessions) and assessment.
- Have access to learners to train. There is no specific number of learners required for your delivery of training, however, as our assessment task is aligned with the TAEDEL401 unit it is strongly recommended that you deliver sessions of at least 40min in length to groups of at least 8 learners (this task can be directly observed by a TAE qualified observer or video recorded.)
- Have access to 5 people in a group or as individuals to assess. You must have access to a TAE qualified observer (who is currently compliant as a Trainer and Assessor, holding as minimum qualifications the TAE40110, TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 (or equivalent unit)), who can observe you conducting assessments. Alternatively, you may be able to arrange for a Fortress Learning assessor to live-link in, as your assessment must be directly observed in real-time.
- Have access to personnel with whom to conduct trial and review of assessment and with whom to conduct assessment validation (this task can be directly observed by a TAE qualified observer or video recorded.)
If access to a group of 8 learners is problematic, Fortress Learning offers an option to deliver training to a group of your fellow students via Zoom. However, these sessions can only go ahead subject to numbers and will incur an additional fee if you are not enrolled in our standard online Cert IV TAE program.
As this program is delivered online, it is essential that students are aware of the IT requirements of the program prior to enrolling to ensure that we’re the right fit.
To enrol for this program, you must be able to answer YES to the following questions;
- Do you have access to a computer?
- Does your computer have – a broadband internet connection – Laptop or PC – a video camera, either built into your device or a separate webcam – a microphone, either built into your device or in the webcam?
- Do you have the ability to – open web pages – view embedded video & slideshows (eg. Youtube, Slideshare) – download & extract zip folders – open and download pdf & swf documents – open, edit, save & upload documents created in doc & docx format?
- Our assessment materials are developed using MS Word. Do you have the computer skills and access to Word to allow you to participate in the program?
- Can you download, work within, save and upload Word documents?
If your answer is NO to any of the above questions, please contact us on 1300 141 994 so that we can provide the best advice for your circumstance.
There are no entry requirements for this Skill Set.
However, if you are considering using this Skill Set as a pathway into the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
The enrolment duration for this course is 6 months.
Experience tells us that the following three factors affect the time it takes a student:
- Experience – if you have experience in training/assessing, then you will likely not need as long as people without experience.
- Dedication – if you have a good reason to do the course, and can hold yourself accountable, then you will likely not need as long as people who are less committed.
- Other commitments – if you have a busy life with many competing professional and personal demands, then you will likely need longer than those people with fewer demands.
Successful Study Habits
While it differs for different people, we find that successful students usually dedicate 10- 15 hours per week. That said, some of our students take less time, while others take more. It is up to you.
We have a video on Successful Study Habits that will support you to progress through the course in a timely manner. Here is what we know to be true, based on our experience with thousands of students:
- Talk to us! If you’re stuck on a problem at home or feel overwhelmed, don’t sit and stew, or worse, procrastinate! Connect with us in whatever way suits you, be it phone, chat, email, Google Meet or Zoom, and we’ll help you reach a solution so you can get on with your studies.
- Schedule it in! Set aside “chunks’ of time to allow you to really sink your teeth (and brain) into the learning process and allow yourself to get “in the zone”. You can set your own pace, structuring your learning and your assessments to suit your lifestyle.
- And lastly, take your course one step at a time… consistency is important but if the unexpected happens, we can help you find solutions, like course deferral.
Our minimum course fee for the 6 months enrolment is $850.
We offer the following payment options.
- When you enrol, you can select Tentative Enrolment if you’d like us to send you an invoice. Payment options include credit card and bank transfer. Please note: For online TAE programs whose fee is more than $1500, the first invoice will be for $1500 with subsequent invoices issued after 90 days.
- Or, when you enrol you can select a Payment Plan (Flexi Payment) that suits your budget. Payments will stop automatically once the full course fee is paid, or the balance will be due upon graduation, whichever comes first. We will not issue a Graduation Certificate or Statement of Attainment without full payment.
Please note: Additional fees apply for all payment plans.
The payment plan options are as follows, depending upon the total fee for your course;
- $100 per week
- $200 per week
- $300 per month (15th of every month)
- $400 per month (15th of every month)
If you have not finished the course within 6 months you can purchase an extension.
- 1 week $75
- 1 month $300
Over 45? You may be eligible for 50% funding
If you are over 45, you might have half of your course fee paid by the government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW) program. More information on this page.
A full refund applies if a student withdraws within 7 days of enrolment.
There is no refund after the cooling-off period.
If you would like to explore your scope for Recognition of Prior Learning and/or Credit Transfer, we invite you to complete our PLP (Personal Learning Plan) Survey (the link is below). One of our trainers will determine to what extent you are eligible for RPL and/or Credit Transfer, what evidence you will need to provide and what coursework will still need to be undertaken, and we will provide you with a Personal Learning Plan.
We want to make sure that you are the right fit for us and we are the right fit for you. Here are a few things for you to consider:
- Fortress Learning is not a “tick and flick” RTO. If you want the fastest and easiest way, we probably won’t be a good fit.
- We made the decision a long time ago to focus on quality and not quantity. As a result, our qualifications have a very good reputation in the industry.
- Employers know that a Fortress Learning qualification is more than just a piece of paper; it has substance.
- Our students finish their training with knowledge, competence and confidence.
All our enrolments will have a Suitability Assessment to complete before you can enrol.
The Suitability Assessment will address the technical requirements of the program, required IT skills and also make sure you have access to the human and physical resources you need for the practical requirements.
This ensures that you are placed in the right course for you and that there are no nasty surprises after you have paid and started your course.
The flexibility of our online approach means that if you need to take a break from study, we’ve got that covered too.
We offer the option to defer (pause) your studies. Whilst you are deferred, your enrolment is inactive and we pause your enrolment duration. Then, when you are reactivated from deferment, you pick up exactly where you left off and carry on.
Here are the important details;
- You can defer a maximum of two times. The first deferment is free. The second deferment incurs a $45 fee.
- Payment plans continue on deferment, and your payments must be up to date before we can defer you.
- You won’t have access to your trainer or learning platform whilst you are deferred.
- If you have at least 6 weeks remaining in your enrolment, you can defer for up to 3 months. After that, you can defer for twice the amount of time remaining in your enrolment (for example, if you have 1 week left in your enrolment, you can defer for 2 weeks.)
The most important thing is to contact us if your enrolment isn’t working out as you had planned so that we can offer you the best support options as and when you need them.